The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

You were Meant for More

As I heard God speaking this words to me "you were meant for more." I realized I was not made to be like everyone else in the world today. I was not meant to have the great career, the best house, nice car, great husband, and family. I was not meant to live the "American Dream." I know God calls us to be radical no matter where we live or do. Sometimes God just blesses us with the typical American dream and you might be content with that, but  it is the way use it! How are you using that success to bless others. You know dam well it is not about is, but God's kingdom! If you think what I just said is wrong then there is some self-centered issues that you need to take to God ( I know I may sound harsh and something may be stirring up inside of you and it is because truth always is hard to hear). God wants us to grow and not stay in the same routine as others christians do (the typical Christian). You are called to be unique and it shows by your actions. How do you represent Christ? (wow that was just a thought)

                                   (Me in the back of a truck in Guatemala)

Getting back to sharing some of my journey with you all. God has called me to live a radical unordinary life and for some people it is hard to understand that. I do choose to live a simple life, hahahaha... Well, to most of you might think, "your life is insane." Yes it could be, but that is the way I choose to live it. I choose to put my health and safety in danger in order to bring kingdom to others world wide. What a calling right? Give up your life and everything you have for others that might not love you back and steal from you. That is what Jesus did for us, right? We are called to be more and more like Jesus. That is our calling on this earth to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those around us. And yes I am talking to you too! uh huh you (pointing my finger at you)!

                                            (Guatemala mountain's)

So let me share this really cool story with you! Well, about 3 months ago I lost my job. Sad I know! Now I don't have a job and let me tell you, what a great time to loose a job, right? So this is a testimony on how God gives and takes away in order to keep us on the right path. So, 3 months ago I had my dream job, I was getting paid really good, and I fell in love with my job. Then one day I told Jesus "I don't want to be a missionary anymore." I was content with what I had and what I was making. So guess what God did he took that job away from me a week later! hahaha God is funny! He had bigger plans for me. I knew I have been called to be a missionary, but I got distracted. If I would of not lost that job I would not be going to Guatemala in August 2011. I would of been caught up in things that God did not have planned for me. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. To tell you the truth I am happy he took that job away because I know I was meant for more! God has given me a gift to be a missionary and a burning passion for people in Guatemala and Africa. Sometimes the distractions can rob us from the true potential God has given us...

                                          (My girls form Guatemala)

Many people ask me how do you do this, live as a missionary in a third world country? Even while on missions trips with these people that is the question they ask me. They say, "how can you stand being sick all the time, not having hot water, and weird food." I really can't explain it but I know that it is all God. I am happy living this way. I have no idea why sometimes! I even surprise myself.

God is calling you to more! Yes you! He is calling you to bigger and greater things then the life you are living now. Maybe it is to help a homeless person out, to support a missionary like me, sponsor a child, or even to be a big brother or sister to someone! I encourage you to stand up to that calling! Rise up brothers and sisters of Christ!

Here is a video if Britt Nicole. The lyrics are amazing. It's called walk on water. It has inspired me to keep going on this journey. Your faith is all it takes:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing how God is using you and calling you. It's true we are all meant for more, even if that more looks small or mundane if it's God's way it is more.

    ReplyDelete