The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

God's Heart for His Children

                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Nicaragua, where should I start? This month has been amazing! I have been able to spend this month with the most amazing people in the world. I am in in love with the teenagers, adults, and kids at Sicrin Orphanage. I have been able to build life long relationships with the people here. I really don't know where to start. I have so many amazing stories to tell you all about all the amazing things has been doing in Nicaragua. But here you go here is a couple I can tell you that have made my heart melt. 

One of the stories that I loved the most was from one of the teens here. His name is Jefferson. His mother left him when he was 2 years old. He was left with his father that is a drug addict. His dad smokes crack, also drinks a lot. Jefferson was introduced to drugs at 10 years old by his father. He was addicted to drugs at the age of ten! His dad would tell him in order to be a man he had to do these drugs. So, in order to please his dad he did. He also became addicted to sniffing glue, also in order to take away his hunger he would sniff it. 
Jefferson ended up living in the streets of Managua, Nicaragua which is the capital of Nicaragua. The streets there are rough. It is full of gangs, crime, drugs, ect... Until this orphanage was able to save him from the streets. He is one of my favorite teens in this orphanage. He has a great love for the Lord even though he feels at times lonely, distant from God, and helpless. I was able to share my life and testimony with him and tell him that God is always beside us. He is always watching over us... 

\
(Jefferson)  


Now here is the story of Josiel. Josel has been an alcoholic for over 6 years. I met him because he is one of the cooks sons. One day I just started to talk to him because I met his brother Larry at the internet caf� where we all normally go.  So, we started to talk and  he opened up to me about his life.  He told me that he was an alcoholic and that he just stopped drinking a couple of days ago. He got himself in trouble with some people and he was beat up. He told me that it was hard for him to keep away from liquor. You could see it in his eyes that he wanted to change, but the world keeps dragging him down. Moving on, one day we he took me and my friend Leigh to the local museum and I was telling him how we do ATL ( ask the Lord) and that we should evangelize at the park. But that day God used us to evangelize to him. I was able to speck truth into his life and let him know that he is a loved child of God, also that God's love will never change for him. I told him that God wanted his whole heart and that God was going to use him to be a pastor. But first he had to give full control of his life to God. As his tears started to fall down his face he started to say that he can't escape from the people around him that keep causing trouble. I told him that God can do the impossible and that he will help him change his life, so that those people wont find him.  We were able to pray over him and bring God's hope to his life. Everyday that I would see him at the orphanage I would tell him " you are a love child of God and His love will never change for you." Then I told one of the girls that he goes to school with to remind him of that everyday. I know God has changed his life forever. 
(Josiel) 


This story is about Danilo. He is one of the teens at the orphanage. Danilo still has his family but he was left at the orphanage by his mom to give him a better chance at school. This kid is so smart and so full of God's love. One of his favorite things to do is compete in track, well second because soccer is his number one. He is the number 2 runner in all of his country.  He is also very smart. I was able to build a life long relationship with him. I was also able to guide him in his path with the Lord. One day I was able to talk to him for over 5 hours about his life and give him advice. He shared things he never shares with others, but I  was able to relate to his struggles. He is one of my favorite teens!  I know God put him in my life so I can speck truth over him. I also know God is going to use him in big ways. 
 (Danilo)
 
Anyways, so much more went on this whole month and God was moving is incredible ways. This month has been my favorite month of ministry. Tomorrow I am off to Boston for a day then of to Ireland for debrief for a week. Pleas continue to keep me in you prayers since right now I am in need of financial support. Also, thank you to all of those who have been sending me comments and praying for me. Thank you for your support too. God bless you all! Lots of love!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment