The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hopeless

I had the opportunity to visit a hospital for malnourished children in Comotan, Guatemala. A couple of the girls from team Azariah and Fuego came along. We all brought puppets with us to sing some songs and tell a story to the kids that were there. I was able to make a fool of myself; mainly because I was the only one that knew the songs in Spanish. I was having a good time dancing and singing, fun times.
 
 

I got to meet a girl that was mentally disable and was taking care of her 7 month year old baby sister. Her mother just died and her father was and alcoholic. She was left alone to take care of this baby. Since the girl is mentally disable she dose not know how to take care of a baby. She had dropped her many times. The baby was malnourished, bug bites to the point where she was being eaten alive. Bug eggs were growing in her skin. She was at the point of death. The bottem picture of her is when she is much better. She has been at the hospital for 2 weeks when I took this picture.


 

At this point I felt hopeless. I could not do anything for them. I had to trust in God that  He will be taking care of them. The hospital did call social services on them and they might be taking the baby away from her. But, it's all in God's hand right now.

 

Please keep them in your prayers. I know God loves them more then any human could ever love them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment