The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Loving Gloria

While in San Juan de la Laguna, Guatemala I met a women named Gloria. Gloria is 23 years old and has two children named Shailey and Milton. She is an amazing artist. She paints the most amazing portraits and is very talented. I met her because her gallery is across from where we were staying at. 

When you see this picture of her you see a bright smile. A women with so much joy! Well, that was not her 2 weeks before I took this picture with her. When I met Gloria she had no hope all she could see is darkness with no where to go. She lost her husband a month ago. Her thoughts were that she wanted to die and could not live anymore... She wanted to just die! 

God put it on my heart to spend time with her wile I was staying in Guatemala. I spent everyday with her until the end of our trip. We spent days crying, days laughing, dancing, and searching more of God. I held her while tears would fall down her face and as I cried with her. God was restoring her heart while I was spending time with her. 

She grieved her lost for the first time. People would tell her it was not good to cry and that she should be strong for her kids. She was left alone to provide for her and her 2 children and nephew. I told her she was not alone that our loving savior would never let her go and that he is right beside her. I told her that you are God's daughter and he cares for you. She held my hand and tears started filling her eyes. She said, "no one has ever told he that." She said, "I felt my heart healing at that moment to know that I was not abandon." 



God is so amazing how he uses us to speak into different peoples lives. He wants to use you to speak truth and love into those around you. To truly love those that need to find the hope Jesus Christ gives us. 

Please continue with me to pray for Gloria and her family. Please continue for me and the journey I will take next year to Guatemala. I will be moving there Aug. 2011 to minister to young girls and women. 

God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment