The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

LOVE changes all...

Brian was brought to La Tribu de Jesus orphanage when he was 6 years old and now is 16 years old. He was rescued out of a home that was abusive, had a mom that was a prostitute, and for most of his 6 years he was left alone. He has lived such a hard life that I can not tell you all about to protect him, but seeing the restoration in his life reminds me that there is a God that heals. Seeing him smile and his eyes glow when he passionately speaks about what he wants to do when he graduates high school, reminds me that there is HOPE, and that LOVE changes people.
As I took him to visit his mom for the first time in a year I could see the pain in his eyes because he does not have a great relationship with her, but he said that he hopes one day that relationship would be restored. Then as the conversation went on he told me that one of his greatest desires in to be a solder in the military and to learn English one day. However, because of his past decisions to do drugs and run away from the orphanage he was behind in school and that reaching those dreams will be harder. As I looked at him I said "I see so much potential in you and I know you will reach those dreams and when it gets hard keep trying! Never give up!" He looked at me as if those words were foreign. In that moment I knew that Brian was not the abandon orphan but CHOSEN, WANTED, ADOPTED.... His life is so precious and valuable, not because I felt sorry for him, or because he needed anyone to pitty him, but because he is God's child, His father is a king.  
This week I have been in Mexico for the past two days which were very memorable & heart-wrenching as one day Brian was struggling because of his past and was at a very hard point of his live. Brian was caught between the desires of this world and in his heart was bitterness, hatred, and no hope because of what he had gone through. But,

Brain was not alone he has a family now in La Tribu... So all of the teen boys gathered around him, embraced him with hugs, prayed for him, and said "we love you." To see all of these boys that come from the streets show that deep love to one another reminded me of God's unconditional love for us.

This why I do what I do. To see lives transformed and restored. This is the greater work 




1 comment:

  1. love you Sis. thanks for bringing hope. taste and see God's love.

    ReplyDelete