The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Monday, April 27, 2015

His pure LOVE

After a long day today @ the Mexico orphanage and taking care of various tasks my day just got more interesting. As I arrived at the younger kids house I settled into the room where I was spending the night, then all the younger girls all came into my room to invite me to see a movie. I hesitantly dragged my feet with tiredness, however still with joy in my heart to spend time with theses kids. When I got to the second level where the movie was I came across a little boy. He was kicking the other kids and punching them. My natural reaction was to discipline and tell him to stop, but he would not listen! To tell you the truth I was a bit frustrated.
However, as I stopped and looked at him I saw a deep pain in his eyes and just not a pain but sadness. As I tried to grab him he spitted a candy at my face, but I knew I should not react. I sat him down next to me and tried to ask him why he was being so disruptive? He just kept pretending he was not listening me and closed his eyes.
Something in me knew that he was acting this way because he was sad. As I looked at him I said what is your name? He replied Isaiah and I started to share that his name was in the bible and how God used Isaiah in a powerful way. Finally, I started to get his attention. Then I asked if he was sad and he said "yes" because his mom left him at the orphanage and had promised to come back but never did.
I gave him a hug and told him he is never alone and that God loved him. He replied by nodding his head in agreement. I gave him a kiss on the forehead telling him I love him and that I believe in him to do great things.
It was incredible to see his attitude change and he just sat on my lap giving me hugs as I embraced him. Today taught me that love changes even the hardest of kids. Also we sometimes don't know why people or kids act they way they do. Sometimes it's all the pain and hurt they have gone through but overall it's love that changes all, God's pure LOVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment