The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

A life Surrendered

"Surrender!" But what do you mean God? I would say. I was 19 years old and addicted to drugs and was getting married to the love of my life. I was living my life the way I wanted and in no way I was going to surrender the life I was living. As the days went by I felt empty and with no hope. All I could feel and see was darkness as I was sinking in deeper to the wounds that I thought would never heal. In my heart I was desperate for a savior and longing to be freed from the mediocre life I was living. As my life took a turn for the worst where I almost lost my life, as I took my last breath, I said "Lord give me a second chance." As I grasped for air I could feel His hand giving me life once again, as I was pulled back I saw and light and He said. "You are a light."

As I surrendered all I was reminded that God had implanted a dream long before I knew him to travel the world. But at 19 years old I had not traveled anywhere. I have not even been on a plane before! That dream was meant to glorify Him, so at 21 I took my first missions trip to Guatemala where the Lord spoke to me "this is what I made you for." I knew deep down in my soul that God was calling me to the nations. Ever since that day I began to travel to bring hope and the gospel to many nations (40 different countries to this day). I have witnessed thousands give their lives to the lord, I have seen miracles, planted churches around the world, made disciples, etc... However, the greatest transformation has been my life to see Him heal my wounds, giving me my true identity, taught me to love again, and understanding that I am a child of God was worth surrendering it all.

When God asks us to surrender our lives it is really not to lose it but to gain it. God has something so wonderful for each one of us, but we are fearful of losing what we think is good and in reality we are getting something greater when we surrender. You are precious to Him and He wants to use you to be a light to many. heart emoticon

Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.- Matthew 10:39


No comments:

Post a Comment