The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

God's Dream for Me


God has put it my hear to share the dream He has put on my heart. 
 
There couple of days the Lord has been giving me dreams about India. Most of those dreams have been about human trafficking victims. I have felt what it means to be in their place, I have felt the love the Lord has for them, and how there is HOPE when there is none. The dreams that the Lord has given me have been very vivid for me in ways where I wake up crying for the people of India. 
 
 
As I sat in my room praying and asking the Lord what is it that He wanted me to do with these dreams I felt Him say to use my talents. As most of you know my natural abilities are in art. I do photography, draw, make jewelry, and play guitar/ sing.  
 
Then I had a vision of making jewelry/ accessories, paintings, and clothes. This will help human trafficking victims make a living for them and also for ministry to continue to help victims like this. 
 
Here are the three main points:
 
Discipleship Doing daily bible studies, prayer, and mentoring them individually to encourage them in their growth and walk with the Lord. 
Training  Trained in the trade of jewelry-making. They will learn to work with a variety of high-end, semi-precious stones to make beautiful pieces that are sold internationally.
Educating Through teaching English and basic life skills, they will be empowered with a new confidence and competence for a changed life.
Pay: 
Wages & Work Hours  Paid above fair market value and operate on a 40 hour work week.
Loan Payoff After their first year, each of them are  eligible for a loan. They pay it back with a 0% interest rate. This is in response to predatory loan lenders who charge 600% -1000% annually, making repayment impossible for these women.
Paid Training During our 3 month training period, each women receives a salary, that increases with full time employment after this term.
It's so amazing how God has put Human trafficking in my heart for awhile for India but I did not have clarity of how it would look like but now he has given me a clear vision. This is His will! This is His dream that He has put in my heart. 
 
Thank you to those who are part of this dream. Thank you for giving your treasures and time to make this happen. Please keep praying for this ministry. God is going to do something AMAZING and you are part of it. 
 
Today is my deadline to raise $1600 and $500 more in monthly pledges. Please lift that up in your prayers. If you know anyone that would like to be part of this dream and would like give a tax deductible donation send them to: https://www.mogiv.com/rockmissions/damariscontreras/
 
My savior He can move the mountains and I know He will. Please join me in prayer. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment