The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Walking in my Shoes

As I sit in a crack house, my heart is heavy while seeing the faces who have lost hope, and lost their value in the midst of wounds, a hurt that has never healed. I look around, I am reminded of such grace upon my life to be in a place most people wont go, or will be invited to. Then in the center of my thoughts, I feel squeeze from one of my favorite children, I am greeted with a smile. I look deep into his eyes, of worry where food will come from next, or if he will reach his dreams one day. In that moment, I see God showing me why He has brought me into a dark place, to be a glimpse of light and His love.

Walking in my shoes, seems to be an easy walk to most people, visually.  However it is easy when I invite God to be my strength, in the midst of a broken world. God never said it would be easy, or that we will feel much better of ourselves. Most of my days are spent crying out to God, because my heart if overwhelmed, and in need of God's love for me, to love these kids, to shine His light in these dark place, or when one of my kids decides to take a step down, I in no way can do anything with out His grace in my life, as He helps me push through the days.

Simply, my life is not easy but I would not do it any other way. My life is not my own, but to bring glory to God, so that many will see that they have value, in this broken world, to know His love, to be built up for His kingdom, and to know His grace. I am just a servant with nothing special about me, but that my life is God's. I will continue to live this way until I can no longer breath. I will continue to pick up my cross and follow God, because I belong to Him. Who do you belong to? 



No comments:

Post a Comment