The CALL:


I am a missionary seeking God's will and purpose in my life. I am a seeker of truth and justice. I am a daughter of the living God. I want to share with you the things God is doing around the world and in me. I hope to be an encouragement in your faith and that you will continue to see God's miracles that he dose everyday. Thank you to all who have joined me in reading and supporting me on this journey.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Give me Faith

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)

In this season of my life God is building my faith because it is not unshakable... He wants us to have a faith that does not change with our emotions, but a faith that is only found in having a strong foundation in His truth and who He is. 

As I sit and pounder my life this far I have seen a faith that has been shaken because of my lack of knowing and standing in His truth. Faith should be who we are, not who we think we should be. I want to have a faith the believes the impossible even when things seem impossible. I want to believe even when I am holding onto the last strand and it breaks...and say I still believe! 

However, my faith has been shaken this month... As things never seem to fall into place... I felt my world crashing down like there was a ton of bricks on top of me keeping me from breathing and seeing what was ahead. In that moment I asked myself, " where is your faith?" It says in Hebrews 11:11- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Are we "certain" of what we do not see? 

As I sit here reminiscing of God's faithfulness in my life I have seen His hand of healing, His power, His love, How great He truly is. I have seen His hand upon His children and His LOVE that can never be compared to anything in this world. I have seen His love heal many lives and mine. He truly is faithful to finish the good work He started in us... 

I wanted to share this video of pictures and clips from the past 7 years of my life. Beginning  from starting an orphanage ministry to going out into the missions field... 

https://vimeo.com/52807640



My life His Story from Damaris Contreras on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful to see how God is moving so profoundly in your life Damaris!!! What a sweet experience He's given you so far and it's only just begun! Praying that God will maintain your endurance as you run this race of life :) Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful words. Love you Kelsie! - Damaris

    ReplyDelete